Friday, December 5, 2008

Home Made Carmel Corn




Ok so tonight I was so funny. I had to make some treats for Chad' s work I was going to make Carmel corn from scratch. I called my mom(mom's know everything) to find out how to make popcorn on the stove like the old days. So she told Chad and off we went. Chad obviously didn't listen very well cause this is what happened. He put too much oil and too put kernels in the pan and it went everywhere. He was trying to dump out the popcorn so it would not burn but since there was so much oil it came out too. So round 2: I made sure to help but this time it was coming out so fast since he put too many kernels in the pan it went everywhere the floor all over the counter along with oil.So I only needed 14 cups popped but ended with about 50. Chef Chad is not aloud to help in the kitchen with popcorn ever again. So I finished the popcorn and it is so good. Alot of work for not so much popcorn. I also made these cookies from scratch they are a short bead. Hope people like what we bring because it took my WHOLE Friday night making it and every dish in the house oh and rags to clean up oil.











5 comments:

Casey Jensen said...

wow it looks like you guys had fun! Messes make cooking so much more fun.

Ammon and Tasha said...

UMMM i better get some of that carmel corn! If you know me at all you know that carmel is my favorite thing in the world!!! :)

jim and wendi said...

That is hilarious. maybe next time you should use my popcorn popper. It airs pops it on the stove too. Chad you look so angry all of the time. HA HA!

Beck said...

That is too funny! I hope you plan on bringing some of that my way...who always hooks you up when carrot cake is around? uh huh ME!

Jen said...

I've heard rave reviews of your carmel popcorn... rumors have made their way down to Los Angeles. If you ever bring some here make sure to have Chad help you:) ps your house is decorated super cute for christmas