Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"If ye are Prepared ye shall not fear" Pres. Hinckley

I have been thinking alot about food storage the last few weeks(it is always on my mind). I have been talking with Chad and others about things that we should do and what to have in our home. I have been to LOTS of stores and even bought a new rack to store it on. I have put together 72 hour kits, got more water and spent alot of money at Costco. Today I went to the Cannery in Lindon to see what they have and what you have to do and how much it cost. I only wanted one can of somethings not cases so a "Brother" (they call each other brother and sister) there told me if I could work for 30-45 minutes then he would let me buy one can of each of things I wanted if they had them on the shelve. So I did. I got right to work I counted out lids and bagged them up, stapled boxes and you know what? It was ALOT OF FUN!!! I want to go back sometime and do that again but next time I want one of you to come with me. I have been feeling alot better since I have been buying these things and not shoes and clothes(it has been a little hard since the hoiday is here). So friends and family go out and buy what you can. I told Chad whenever he buys stuff at the store to buy 3 so we have extra on had. I may sound crazy but working on this has given me a little peace of mind.Food storage is way more important than gifts in my mind!

3 comments:

The Ericksons said...

Good for you! It is good to feel so prepared. I need to get one for Paige! Yikes! I love working at the cannery too. It is a lot of fun. Good for you on helping out.

Kylie Blackwell said...

Sweet! When are you going to help me get started!?

Beck said...

Yeah your amazing! Im proud of you syd. I still havent been to the cannery. I have always wanted to go. You will have to tell me what you bought and if you like it.

btw...the last couple sentences totally rhymed in your post. It was all Christmas-ee it sounded like Dr Seuss. Loved it! haha!